Visiting Pilot Mountain
Visitors can enjoy all that Pilot Mountain has to offer including the mountain views, restaurants, and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and beaches.
- You'll find 20 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mount Airy
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 23.8 mi (38.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pilot Mountain
A favorite place to visit in the city is Jolo Winery and Vineyards. You'll also find The Andy Griffith Museum and Mount Airy Public Library in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Pilot Mountain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Pilot Mountain gets about 46.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F