Travelers to Nelson give high marks for the lakeside setting and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its ski areas and mountain views.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Castlegar
- The closest major airport is in Castlegar, BC (YCG), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Trail, BC (YZZ-Trail Regional), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nelson
The lakeside and mountain views exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Cottonwood Falls Park and Lakeside Park. Skiing is a top activity, and Whitewater Ski Resort is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Nelson & District Community Complex to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 42 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Nelson. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Creekside B & B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Cloudside Hotel - Our customers like the quiet location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Savoy Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include 2 restaurants and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean rooms.
Dressing for Nelson
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Nelson is 1.06 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F