New York Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 8 affordable motels in New York among more than 2149 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy all that New York has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Times Square, Broadway, and Bryant Park.
Fun fact: Motels began in the 1920s as convenient lodging for the weary traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motel properties often offer free parking, and many also feature an outdoor pool.
Here are some of our customers’ favorite New York motels to choose from:
Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Flushing Meadows-Corona Park and Belmont Park.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and an airport shuttle.
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like WiFi, parking, and an airport shuttle are available during your stay.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Flushing Meadows-Corona Park and Aviator Sports and Events Center.
Oasis Motel in Brooklyn
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like cable TV.
- Stay within a 10-minute drive of Prospect Park and Barclays Center Brooklyn.
Riviera Motor Inn Brooklyn
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Prospect Park and Barclays Center Brooklyn.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
Par Central Motor Inn
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of St. John's University and Flushing Meadows-Corona Park.
- Enjoy access to the free parking.
Things to Do in New York
Those who've visited New York love the opera and museums. Enjoy all there is to see and do in this vibrant area while you're out sightseeing.
Here are some popular places:
- Times Square
- Bryant Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Central Park
- The High Line Park
- Roosevelt Island
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Central Park Zoo
- Bronx Zoo
- Chelsea Piers
New York is also known for its:
Best Time to Visit New York
Figure out the ideal time to visit New York by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 55° F and nighttime temperatures average 26° F
- April-June: 83° F is the daytime average and 40° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 84° F and nighttime averages are around 55° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 69° F during the day and 28° F at night
- Average rainfall is 49.96 inches in a year
How to Get to New York and Around the Area
New York Transportation
|New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia) ||Airport ||6.1 mi (9.8 km) |
|Teterboro, NJ (TEB) ||Airport ||7.9 mi (12.7 km) |
|Newark, NJ (EWR-Liberty Intl.) ||Airport ||11 mi (17.7 km) |
|Times Sq. - 42 St. Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.2 km) |
|42 St. - Port Authority Bus Terminal Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.2 km) |
|Port Authority Bus Terminal ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.3 km) |
|New York W 32nd St. Station ||Train Station ||0.6 mi (0.9 km) |
|New York Grand Central Terminal Station ||Train Station ||0.6 mi (0.9 km) |
|New York Penn Station ||Train Station ||0.6 mi (1 km) |