Families will find kid-friendly activities in Newark, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, water parks, and university setting.
- You'll find 49 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Zanesville
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, OH (CMH-John Glenn Columbus Intl.), 28 mi (45.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newark
Cultural venues in the city include Midland Theater, The Works Museum, and Heisey Glass Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Ohio State University at Newark is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Longaberger Basket Building and Reese Center.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Newark
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 20°F at night
- Newark gets about 24.84 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are December and November with an average of 32°F