Oakland Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 33 low-cost motels in Oakland among more than 322 hotels and other accommodations. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Oakland has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Oakland Museum of California, Jack London Square, and Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the tired traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motels often include free parking, and many also include an outdoor pool.
Here are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Oakland motels to choose from:
Americas Best Value Inn Berkeley San Francisco
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of San Francisco Bay and University of California, Berkeley.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Motel 6 Oakland Airport
- An outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
Americas Best Value Inn Oakland Lake Merritt
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Oakland Museum of California and Jack London Square.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of San Francisco Bay and Paramount Theatre.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like an LCD TV.
Motel 6 Hayward
- Stay within a 20-minute drive of Oracle Arena and Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi, laundry facilities, and 24-hour front desk.
What to Do in Oakland
While you're sightseeing, check out the great live music or simply enjoy the charming cafés. Visitors to Oakland love the opera.
Here are some popular places:
- Oakland Museum of California
- Jack London Square
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley
- Tilden Regional Park
- San Francisco Bay
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Oakland Zoo
- Children's Fairyland
- Golden Tee Golfland
Oakland is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Oakland
Figure out the ideal time to visit Oakland by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 65° F and nighttime temperatures average 44° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 49° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 74° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 74° F during the day and 44° F at night
- Average rainfall is 23.50 inches in a year
How to Get to Oakland and Around the Area
|Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.) ||Airport ||7.1 mi (11.5 km) |
|Hayward, CA (HWD-Hayward Executive) ||Airport ||13 mi (20.9 km) |
|San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.) ||Airport ||14.6 mi (23.5 km) |
|12th St - Oakland City Center Station ||Metro Station ||0.1 mi (0.1 km) |
|19th St Station ||Metro Station ||0.2 mi (0.4 km) |
|Lake Merritt Station ||Metro Station ||0.6 mi (1 km) |
|Oakland-Jack London Square Station ||Train Station ||0.8 mi (1.2 km) |
|Emeryville Station ||Train Station ||2.7 mi (4.3 km) |
|Berkeley Station ||Train Station ||4.6 mi (7.3 km) |