San Francisco Vacation Packages
San Francisco Vacation: Coronavirus Information
Most San Francisco hotels offer free cancellation. Consider booking refundable hotels rather than non-refundable ones. Just look for the ‘free cancellation’ message during your hotel search. Prices can vary, but right now we believe that flexibility matters.
For more information about the impact of COVID-19 on your San Francisco trip, please visit our Coronavirus Information page (opens in new window).
Top San Francisco Flight + Hotel Deals
2021 San Francisco vacation deals
Where to stay in San Francisco
Top Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 18, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2021
Top things to do in San Francisco
San Francisco Beach Vacation
A San Francisco vacation makes it simple to relax and unwind. Whether you like the thought of chilling by the water or ambling along the shore in search of shiny seashells, a trip to San Francisco will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated. If you want to be near the city center, find a hotel near Ocean Beach. This popular strip of coastline is only 6 miles (10 km) away. We also offer San Francisco vacation packages around Mavericks Beach and Baker Beach, two other tempting options.
Things You Should Know About San Francisco
- Staying close to the water means unforgettable vistas and lazy walks along the shoreline just before nightfall. Have a look through our San Francisco beach hotels and see what you can find.
- Lots of travelers also choose to base themselves in private vacation homes around these parts. ORANGE CRUSH and Upper Terrace Cottage by RedAwning are a few options we recommend.
- Alternatively, go for our All-Inclusive hotels in San Francisco. They make budgeting a breeze. Leave your wallet in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with the all-inclusive way of vacationing.
- Our San Francisco things to do page is the ideal place to begin organizing your trip to San Francisco. After you arrive, start up a conversation with one of the 864,800 friendly locals to learn even more.
- Save big on experiences by booking our San Francisco vacation deals. With terrific attractions like Golden Gate Bridge to discover, this destination will keep you busy.
The Advantages of a Road Trip in San Francisco
If you haven’t been on a California road trip, then the ‘City by the Bay’ is one of the must-see stops on this road trip. SF has it all—fabulous shopping, incredible restaurants, and a world-renowned cultural scene. But you’ll need some wheels for a San Francisco road trip, and we have great deals on car rentals in San Francisco.
San Francisco road trip itinerary
For those that want the ultimate California road trip, you can’t do much better than a San Francisco to Los Angeles road trip. Book a stay in one of the great San Francisco hotels and take the San Francisco to Los Angeles drive, with an itinerary on Highway 1 for some real California dreaming. You can take Insta-worthy pictures at places like:
- Monterey: Home to the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Big Sur: Stop at Bixby Bridge and take in those jaw-dropping views
- San Luis Obispo: This cute coastal town has an artistic, funky side worth exploring
Weekend road trips in San Francisco
Close to San Francisco, Oakland has a flavor all its own. Take a mini-vacation and book a stay in one of the best Oakland hotels. Once you step out of your hotel, you’ll see that Oaktown is San Francisco’s edgy, pretension-free neighbor. Hop in your car and head out for a weekend road trip to spots like:
- Oakland Museum of California: The first Friday of every month is when this museum is all music and fun
- Jack London Square: Home to restaurants, bars, shops, and some of the best views in town
- Temescal: This artsy community has plenty of boutiques, breweries, and galleries to peruse
Places to stop on a road trip to San Francisco
A popular road trip route goes from Jet City to The Golden City. Once you pick up a ride from suppliers like Avis car rentals or National car rentals, you’ll get started on creating your Seattle to San Francisco road trip itinerary. Consider these ideas to add to your list:
- Portland, OR: Breweries, food trucks, and perfect picnic spots like the Portland Japanese Garden
- Crater Lake: Take a trip around Rim Drive for some of the best bluewater views
- Napa Valley: With over 400 wineries, you’re sure to find a bottle that commands your attention
- San Francisco: Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and take in the mesmerizing views of this superb destination of choice