Find Hotels in Ocala, FL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 18, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ocala, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Paddock Mall, Don Garlits Museum of Racing, and Appleton Museum of Art.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Ocala
- The closest major airport is in Ocala, FL (OCF-Ocala Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Leesburg, FL (LEE-Leesburg Intl.), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ocala
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Don Garlits Museum of Racing, Appleton Museum of Art, and Ocala Civic Theater. Families come for attractions such as Silver Springs Nature Theme Park, Wild Waters Theme Park, and Petting Zoo Ocala. Notable city landmarks like Fort King and Georgetown United Methodist Church might be worth a visit.
In Ocala, there are 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Ocala - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Silver Springs - Ocala - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Ocala at Heath Brook - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Ocala include Paddock Mall, Ocala National Forest, and Florida Horse Park. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park, 28.7 mi/46.2 km from the city center, and Devil's Den, which is 25.6 mi/41.2 km away.
Dressing for Ocala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ocala is 50.79 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Ocala?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ocala, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Ocala?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Ocala?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Ocala?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Ocala?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Ocala?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Ocala National Forest?
What about the best place to stay near Juniper Springs Recreation Area?
What's the best boutique hotel in Ocala?
What's the best golf hotel in Ocala?
What are some accommodations with pools in Ocala?
Recent reviews of Ocala hotels
More trip options
- Ocala Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ocala Airports
- Hotels in Ocala Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Ocala Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Ocala
- More Hotel Options in Ocala
- More Popular Hotels in Florida
- Other Hotels near Ocala, Florida
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends