Travelers to Ophir will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 1311 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Ophir
Places to visit in the larger region include Island Lake, Bear Creek Falls, and Ice Lakes Trail. In the area, you'll also find Mountain Village Gondola and Telluride Ski Resort.
As you make plans for a getaway to Ophir, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 938 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- High Mountain Retreats - "log Hut" - Luxury Camping is 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the center of Ophir. This 2-star hotel in Ridgway features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ridgway-Ouray Lodge and Suites is located 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the heart of Ophir. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Mountain Village can enjoy access to the ski slopes and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Mountain Lodge at Telluride is 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from central Ophir. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Ouray can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Ophir
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 18°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Ophir gets about 23.39 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F