Visitors to Silverton are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, local tours, and cafés.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Silverton
- The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Durango, CO (AMK-Animas Air Park), 40.1 mi (64.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silverton
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Mayflower Gold Mill and Animas Forks. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Molas Pass, Ice Lakes Trail, and Island Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Silverton Powdercats and Silverton Chamber of Commerce.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Silverton. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn of the Rockies-Alma House - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping.
- Triangle Motel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet.
- Teller House - With a stay at this 2.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and local sightseeing.
Getting Around Silverton
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Station. Silverton might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Silverton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 18°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Silverton is 23.39 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F