Visiting Penida Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Penida Island has to offer including the temples and white-sand beaches. The quaint and tucked away setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Jungut Batu Beach and Sanur Beach.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Penida Island
- The closest major airport is in Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Penida Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Crystal Bay. In the area, you'll also find Jungut Batu Beach and Sanur Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Penida Island. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Semabu Hills Hotel Nusa Penida - Bali - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Coco Resort Penida - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Ring Sameton Resort Hotel - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Nusa Dua Beach, located 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Penida Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- Average annual rainfall for Penida Island is 1.73 inches
- Usually April and November are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 69°F