Families will find kid-friendly activities in Peoria, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters. Wet 'n' Wild, Peoria Sports Complex, and Gila River Arena are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3164 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 23.9 mi (38.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Peoria
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Pleasant Regional Park, Lake Pleasant, and Rio Vista Recreation Park. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Peoria Sports Complex. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are AZ Challenger Space Center and Arizona Broadway Theatre.
In Peoria, you'll be able to select from 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its WiFi and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Glendale-Peoria - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Bluegreen Cibola Vista Resort and Spa, an Ascend Resort - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Wet 'n' Wild, 9.7 mi/15.6 km from the city center, and Gila River Arena, which is 17.4 mi/28 km away.
Dressing for Peoria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 105°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 106°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 8.27 inches of rain falls on Peoria each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 104°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F