Visitors to Avondale are sure to enjoy the sporting events and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, shopping, and art. Top sights around the area include Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Gila River Arena.
- You'll find 3164 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Phoenix, AZ (DVT-Phoenix Deer Valley), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avondale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Phoenix International Raceway. In the area, you'll also find Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion and University of Phoenix Stadium.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Avondale. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites Phoenix Avondale - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Hilton Garden Inn Avondale - Our customers like the dining options and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gila River Arena, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center, and Arizona State Capitol, which is 12.9 mi (20.7 km) away.
Dressing for Avondale
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 105°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 106°F during the day and 66°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 40°F at night
- Avondale gets about 8.27 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 104°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F