Families will find kid-friendly activities in Mesa, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its museums. Around the area, top sights include Taliesin West, Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, and Sun Devil Stadium.
- You'll find 3160 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Mesa, AZ (MSC-Falcon Field Municipal), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chandler, AZ (CHD-Chandler Municipal), 9.9 mi (16 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mesa
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Arizona Museum of Natural History, Arizona Museum for Youth, and Mesa Historical Museum. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Mesa Riverview and Superstition Springs Center. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Longbow Golf Club and Superstition Springs Golf Club are sights to visit.
In Mesa, you'll find 193 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Phoenix/Mesa - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch - This 2.5-star ranch features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Taliesin West, 13.3 mi/21.4 km from the heart of the city, and Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, which is 16.2 mi/26.1 km away.
Getting Around Mesa
You can access metro transit at Sycamore - Main Street Station, Sycamore and Main Street Transit Center, and Superstition Springs Transit Center. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Mesa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 105°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 105°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Mesa gets about 8.86 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 103°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F