Families will find kid-friendly activities in Princeton, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, shopping, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and theme park. Top sights around the area include Sesame Place and Six Flags Great Adventure.
- There are 75 hotels and other accommodations in Princeton
- The closest major airport is in Princeton, NJ (PCT), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Trenton, NJ (TTN-Mercer), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Princeton
Cultural venues in the city include Princeton University Art Museum, McCarter Theater, and McCarter Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like Albert Einstein's House, Princeton Cemetery, and Morven Museum & Garden. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Palmer Square and University Square Shopping Center.
In Princeton, you'll be able to select from 75 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Woolverton Inn - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Inn at Glencairn - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Crowne Plaza Princeton - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sesame Place, located 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Six Flags Great Adventure, which is 17.8 mi/28.6 km away.
Dressing for Princeton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 46.42 inches of rain falls on Princeton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 25°F