Visitors to Putney are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, shopping, and local tours.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Putney
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 40.4 mi (65 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Putney
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Landmark College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Next Stage Arts and Yellow Barn.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Putney Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Putney
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 8°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 41°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 13°F
- About 43.58 inches of rain falls on Putney each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 11°F