Families will find kid-friendly activities in Richardson, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, cafés, and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, American Airlines Center, and Dallas World Aquarium.
- You'll find 993 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Dallas
- The closest major airport is in Dallas, TX (ADS-Addison), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DAL-Love Field), 12 mi (19.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Richardson
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Texas at Dallas is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pecan Hollow Golf Course and Breckinridge Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Richardson. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites Dallas Richardson/Plano - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Aloft Richardson - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Richardson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, 13.5 mi/21.8 km from the city center, and American Airlines Center, which is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) away.
Getting Around Richardson
Metro stations nearby include Galatyn Park Station and Spring Valley Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Richardson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.34 inches of rain falls on Richardson each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F