Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ronkonkoma, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the area is Sky Zone.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Ronkonkoma
- The closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 1.9 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ronkonkoma
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lake Ronkonkoma. Additionally, you'll find Sky Zone in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ronkonkoma. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Islip - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Courtyard by Marriott Long Island MacArthur Airport - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn Macarthur Airport - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Getting Around Ronkonkoma
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ronkonkoma Station. Ronkonkoma might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ronkonkoma
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.18 inches of rain falls on Ronkonkoma each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F