Visiting South Setauket
Visitors can enjoy all that South Setauket has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. A top sight in the area is Sky Zone.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shirley, NY (WSH-Brookhaven Calabro), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Setauket
Sky Zone is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Stony Brook University and Long Island Museum of American Art, History, and Carriages.
As you make plans for a getaway to South Setauket, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from the center of South Setauket. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hauppauge can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Holtsville Long Island is 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from central South Setauket. This 3.5-star hotel in Holtsville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino is located 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the heart of South Setauket. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Islandia can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for South Setauket
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for South Setauket is 46.18 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F