Visitors can enjoy all that Lindenhurst has to offer including the breweries, beaches, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, restaurants, and monuments. Top sights around the area include Sky Zone, Long Beach, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 134 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 16 mi (25.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lindenhurst
A favorite place to visit in the city is Neguntatogue Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sky Zone and Long Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Lindenhurst, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Long Island - Garden City is located 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the heart of Lindenhurst. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in East Garden City can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
- East Norwich Inn-Oyster Bay, Long Island, NY is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the center of Lindenhurst. This 2.5-star hotel in East Norwich features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Radisson Hotel Hauppauge-Long Island is 10 mi (16.1 km) from central Lindenhurst. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hauppauge can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, located 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the center of the city.
Getting Around Lindenhurst
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Lindenhurst Station. Lindenhurst might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lindenhurst
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Lindenhurst each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F