Visitors to Rutherfordton are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and lakeside setting.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Forest City
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 33 mi (53.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rutherfordton
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Cleghorn Plantation Golf and Country Club and Green River Plantation. Additionally, you might want to add Tryon International Equestrian Center to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Rutherfordton. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Firehouse Inn - Our customers like the central location and quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Rutherfordton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 1.61 inches of rain falls on Rutherfordton each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 30°F