Travelers to Asheville give high marks for the live music scene, popular theater scene, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, mountain views, and breweries. Top sights in the city include U.S. Cellular Center, Biltmore Village, and Biltmore Estate.
- There are 1241 hotels and other accommodations in Asheville
- The closest major airport is in Asheville, NC (AVL-Asheville Regional), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 52.3 mi (84.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Asheville
Known for its live music, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Asheville Community Theatre, Diana Wortham Theatre, and Asheville Art Museum. Attractions like New Belgium Brewing Company, Asheville's Fun Depot, and Elijah Mountain Gem Mine are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Biltmore Village, Biltmore Estate, and Pack Square.
In Asheville, you'll be able to select from 1241 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Greenfield Manor Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- Abbington Green Bed & Breakfast Inn - Our customers like the convenient parking and central location at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast in Historic Montford features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bunn House - A Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with a free stocked minibar. Expedia customers like its central location and quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Asheville include U.S. Cellular Center, The Orange Peel, and Asheville Outlets. A popular place to see outside the city is Cataloochee Ski Area, located 30.2 mi (48.7 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Asheville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 45.59 inches of rain falls on Asheville each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F