Salisbury Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are 9 affordable motels in Salisbury among the more than 45 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more money to use for your vacation.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel in San Luis Obispo, California. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have exterior corridors overlooking the parking lot or an outdoor pool.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' favorite Salisbury motels available to book:
Days Inn by Wyndham Salisbury
- Stay within a short 9-minute drive of Salisbury University.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Motel 6 Salisbury
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 10 minutes of Salisbury University by car.
Econo Lodge Princess Anne
- Enjoy access to the seasonal outdoor pool, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 19 minutes of Salisbury University.
Americas Best Value Inn Salisbury
- It's located within a short 10-minute drive of Salisbury University.
- A fitness center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Americas Best Value Inn Princess Anne
- If driving, you'll be within 15 minutes of Salisbury University.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, bar, and 24-hour front desk.
Things to Do in Salisbury
While you're sightseeing in this family-friendly area, check out the college campus and enjoy the popular beaches. People visiting Salisbury love its shops.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Pemberton Historical Park
- Pocomoke River State Park
- Cypress Park
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Salisbury Zoo
- Coco's Funhouse
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- Poplar Hill Mansion
- Coventry Parish Ruins
Salisbury is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Salisbury
Determine the optimal time to visit Salisbury by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 62° F and nighttime temperatures average 30° F
- April-June: 87° F is the daytime average and 42° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 88° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 75° F during the day and 30° F at night
- Average rainfall is 45.91 inches in a year
How to Get to Salisbury and Around the Area
|Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional) ||Airport ||4.8 mi (7.7 km) |
|Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County) ||Airport ||25.9 mi (41.6 km) |
|Ocean City, MD (OCE-Ocean City Municipal) ||Airport ||26.4 mi (42.5 km) |