Visiting Samish Island
Those traveling to Samish Island are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. A top sight in the area is Bellis Fair Mall.
- You'll find 173 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bellingham
- The closest major airport is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 15.4 mi (24.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rosario, WA (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base), 17.4 mi (28 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Samish Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Samish Bay. Additionally, you'll find Bellis Fair Mall in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Samish Island, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- MorningGlory Inn & Suites is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Samish Island. This 2.5-star hotel in Bellingham features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- GuestHouse Bellingham is 12 mi (19.4 km) from central Samish Island. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Bellingham can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Comfort Suites Burlington near I-5 is 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the center of Samish Island. This hotel in Burlington features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Samish Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 34°F at night
- Samish Island gets about 33.19 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 35°F