Find Motels in San Clemente
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Featured Motels in San Clemente
Other property types in San Clemente
Holiday Inn Express San Clemente N – Beach Area
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2020
Hampton Inn & Suites San Clemente
Reviewed on Oct 19, 2020
San Clemente Inn
Reviewed on Sep 7, 2020
San Clemente Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 7 affordable motels in San Clemente among more than 129 lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more money for your trip.
By saving on your room price, you can enjoy all that San Clemente has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include San Clemente Pier in San Clemente, as well as Mission San Juan Capistrano and Main Beach Park in the area.
Fun fact: The word "motel" was conceived in 1925 in San Luis Obispo, California by the owner of the Milestone Mo-Tel. Often just a story or two, motel properties usually have outdoor access to guestrooms from the parking lot.
Listed below are some of Expedia customers' recommended San Clemente motels to choose from:
- Stay within a quick 2-minute drive of San Clemente Pier.
- Enjoy access to the terrace, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
- It's located within a quick 5-minute drive of San Clemente Pier.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast and WiFi.
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of San Clemente Pier.
- It's located within a quick 2-minute drive of San Clemente Pier.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace are available during your stay.
- Stay within a quick 4-minute drive of San Clemente Pier.
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
Things to Do in San ClementeTake time out to enjoy the scenic seaside in this relaxing, family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. Those visiting San Clemente have good things to say about the cafés.
Here are favorite places in and around San Clemente:
- San Clemente Pier
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Main Beach Park
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- North Beach
- Poche Beach
- T-Street Beach
You'll find these family-friendly sights in the area:
- Sawdust Art Festival Grounds
- Marguerite Aquatic Complex
- Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club
San Clemente is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit San ClementeDetermine the optimal time to visit San Clemente by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically September and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 70° F and nighttime temperatures average 43° F
- April-June: 77° F is the daytime average and 48° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 81° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 78° F during the day and 43° F at night
- Average rainfall is 13.03 inches in a year
How to Get to San Clemente and Around the Area
|Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne)||Airport||21.6 mi (34.7 km)|
|Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar)||Airport||29.5 mi (47.4 km)|
|Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley)||Airport||30 mi (48.3 km)|
|San Clemente Pier Station||Train Station||1.2 mi (2 km)|