Visiting Dana Point
Travelers to Dana Point give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Main Beach Park, Mission San Juan Capistrano, and Irvine Spectrum Center.
- There are 105 hotels and other accommodations in Dana Point
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dana Point
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lantern Bay County Park, Dana Cove Park, and Harbor Point Park. Exploring the waterfront, whale watching, and camping are top activities, while sights to visit include Dana Point Harbor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ocean Institute and Sea Canyon Park.
In Dana Point, there are 105 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Lantern Inn, A Four Sisters Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Monarch Beach Resort - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this resort. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Monarch Beach can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with pillowtop beds. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Main Beach Park, 7.3 mi/11.7 km from the city center, and Mission San Juan Capistrano, which is 3 mi (4.8 km) away.
Dressing for Dana Point
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Dana Point gets about 13.03 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F