Visiting Laguna Niguel
Visitors can enjoy all that Laguna Niguel has to offer including the beaches, shopping, and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Main Beach Park, Huntington State Beach, and Mission San Juan Capistrano.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Laguna Niguel
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Laguna Niguel
A favorite place to visit in the city is Rancho Capistrano Soccer Complex. Additionally, in the area you'll find Main Beach Park and Huntington State Beach.
As you start planning your visit to Laguna Niguel, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 325 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Queen + Private Bath in Shared 2 Bedroom is 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the center of Laguna Niguel. This 4-star hotel in Irvine features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and WiFi.
- 24942 Monte Verde Drive Home 3 Bedrooms 2.5 Bathrooms Home by Redawning is 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from central Laguna Niguel. This 4-star hotel in Newport Beach features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Resort Area Condo Walking Distance to Salt Creek Beach is located 2.2 mi (3.5 km) from the heart of Laguna Niguel. This 3.5-star hotel in Santa Ana features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Mission San Juan Capistrano, located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Irvine Spectrum Center, which is 8.8 mi/14.2 km away.
Getting Around Laguna Niguel
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Laguna Niguel Station. Laguna Niguel might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Laguna Niguel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 77°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 13.03 inches of rain falls on Laguna Niguel each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F