Visiting Santiago del Teide
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Santiago del Teide, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. Top sights around the area include Los Gigantes Beach, Teide National Park, and Los Cristianos Beach.
- There are 107 hotels and other accommodations in Santiago del Teide
- The closest major airport is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in La Gomera (GMZ), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santiago del Teide
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Los Gigantes Beach, Arena Beach, and Acantilados de Los Gigantes. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Los Gigantes Marina and Oasis Los Gigantes Public Pool are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are La Glorieta Plaza and Isla Baja.
In Santiago del Teide, there are 107 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ona Las Rosas - This 3-star aparthotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and a poolside bar. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- La Casona del Patio - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast.
- Hotel Stil Los Gigantes - Adults Only - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Teide National Park, located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the city center, and Los Cristianos Beach, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Dressing for Santiago del Teide
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Santiago del Teide gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 51°F