Travelers to Shipshewana give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Shipshewana
- The closest major airport is in Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal), 15.3 mi (24.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shipshewana
Favorite places to visit in the city include Shipshewana Auction and Flea Market, North Park, and Menno-Hof Museum of Culture. In the area, you'll also find Oaklawn Terrace Park and Cedar Lake Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Shipshewana. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Blue Gate Garden Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Van Buren Hotel - Our customers like the central location and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Farmstead Inn & Conference Center - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Dressing for Shipshewana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Shipshewana is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F