Travelers to Elkhart give high marks for the exciting football games and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, museums, and gardens. A top sight in the area is Notre Dame Stadium.
- You'll find 158 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of South Bend
- The closest major airport is in Goshen, IN (GSH-Goshen Municipal), 14.7 mi (23.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in South Bend, IN (SBN-South Bend Intl.), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elkhart
Cultural venues in the city include Midwest Museum of American Art, National New York Central Railroad Museum, and Hall of Heroes Super Hero Museum. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are NIBCO Water and Ice Park and The Lerner.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Elkhart. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkhart - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Elkhart IN - Our customers like the clean rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Staybridge Suites Elkhart - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Notre Dame Stadium, located 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Elkhart
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Elkhart Station. Elkhart might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Elkhart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Elkhart is 39.37 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F