One night in Smithtown
Posted May 28, 2015
We'd been on the road for almost ten hours, when we finally made it to the America's Best Value Inn. It was dark and rainy and if not for Siri we would have driven by it, we were that road weary. We checked in and both our rooms (I was with a friend;we were both going to a wedding) were very comfortable. The decor was bright and inviting with enough lamps that it had the feel of a warm place, safe and comfortable. There was a fridge, a coffee maker and a microwave. My friend and I went to dinner at a Diner up the road. They were closing, so we brought food back to our rooms, watched TV and relaxed and finished our dinner. Usually in hotel rooms I have a hard time sleeping because it may noisy or the bed feels uncomfortable or because it's a high rise and I don't like high rises. This hotel/Inn was surprisingly comfortable. I did not hear my neighbors or the traffic on the road. I slept quite peacefully. These are the things I liked about my room:
* It was well lit. Lots of lamps in strategic places.
* it was quiet. I did not hear my neighbors, their toilets flushing, their showers, their voices or their cars.
* The bed was clean, evidently laundered sheets. Also, the bed was comfortable.
* The room was clean and freshened.
* The bathroom was clean and stocked with towels.
* the owners/operators were friendly and helpful.