Visitors are sure to enjoy all Sparta has to offer including its biking and hiking. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront and monuments.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of La Crosse
- The closest major airport is in La Crosse, WI (LSE-La Crosse Municipal), 23 mi (37.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sparta
A favorite place to visit in the city is Deke Slayton Memorial Space and Bicycle Museum. In the area, you'll also find Marie W. Heider Center for the Arts and Hamlin Garland House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Sparta. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Franklin Victorian Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Sparta - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Sparta
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 7°F as the nighttime average
- About 34.02 inches of rain falls on Sparta each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F