Visiting Sturgeon Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Sturgeon Bay, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, museums, and local tours.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in Sturgeon Bay
- The closest major airport is in Green Bay, WI (GRB-Austin Straubel Intl.), 43.8 mi (70.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sturgeon Bay
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Door County Historical Museum and Door County Maritime Museum. Favorite family attractions include Briggsville Gardens and The Garden Door. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Potawatomi State Park, Whitefish Dunes State Park, and Cave Point County Park are favorite sights to visit.
In Sturgeon Bay, you'll find 50 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Black Walnut Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this condo. With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Diplomat Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a computer station, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Sturgeon Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 9°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 12°F at night
- About 31.89 inches of rain falls on Sturgeon Bay each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 12°F