Visiting Tahoe Vista
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tahoe Vista, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its ski areas. Northstar California Resort, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, and Bowers Mansion are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 3394 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake Tahoe
- The closest major airport is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 23.5 mi (37.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tahoe Vista
A favorite place to visit in the city is North Tahoe Marina. Additionally, in the area you'll find Northstar California Resort and Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe.
In Tahoe Vista, there are 87 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Mourelatos Lakeshore Resort - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Bowers Mansion, located 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Nevada Governor's Mansion, which is 15.6 mi (25.1 km) away.
Dressing for Tahoe Vista
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 30°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Tahoe Vista gets about 30.71 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F