Visitors can enjoy all that Thomaston has to offer including the architecture and museums. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 236 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Camden
- The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wiscasset, ME (ISS), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thomaston
A favorite place to visit in the city is General Henry Knox Museum. In the area, you'll also find Maine Coastal Islands National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center and Farnsworth Art Museum.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Thomaston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Thomaston gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F