Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Umhlanga, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the entertainment choices and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and cocktail bars. Top sights around the area include Sahara Stadium Kingsmead and uShaka Marine World.
- There are 98 hotels and other accommodations in Umhlanga
- The closest major airport is in Durban (DUR-King Shaka Intl.), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Umhlanga
Favorite places to visit in the city include Gateway Theatre of Shopping, KwaZulu-Natal Sharks Board, and Umhlanga Rocks Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Umhlanga Lighthouse and Umhlanga Main Beach.
In Umhlanga, there are 98 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Manaar House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Caza Beach Guesthouse - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- The Oyster Box - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and overall condition.
Top places to see around the area include Sahara Stadium Kingsmead, located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center, and uShaka Marine World, which is 9.5 mi (15.3 km) away.
Dressing for Umhlanga
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Umhlanga each year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F