Visitors can enjoy all that Umpqua has to offer including its wineries. There are 30 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in North Bend, OR (OTH-Southwest Oregon Regional), 33.1 mi (53.2 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Eugene, OR (EUG-Mahlon Sweet Field), 55.4 mi (89.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Umpqua
A favorite place to visit in the city is Henry Estate Winery. You'll also find Reustle Prayer Rock Vineyards and HillCrest Winery and Distillery in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Umpqua, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 30 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR is 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the center of Umpqua. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Sutherlin can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Roseburg is 14.9 mi (24 km) from central Umpqua. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Roseburg can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Comfort Inn is located 15 mi (24.1 km) from the heart of Umpqua. This 2.5-star hotel in Roseburg features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Umpqua
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 76°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Umpqua gets about 33.70 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F