Visiting Coos Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coos Bay, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its beaches, casinos, and shopping.
- You'll find 2053 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oregon Coast
- The closest major airport is in North Bend, OR (OTH-Southwest Oregon Regional), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Coos Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Shore Acres State Park, Cape Arago State Park, and Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Coos Bay Boardwalk and Watson Ranch Golf.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Coos Bay. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oceanside Beachfront RV Resort - This 2-star campground features free WiFi, a snack bar/deli, and parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Best Western Holiday Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Edgewater Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Coos Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Coos Bay is 64.96 inches
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F