Visiting Valley Stream
Visitors can enjoy all that Valley Stream has to offer including the art, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Floating Pool, and Brooklyn Museum.
- There are 1864 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valley Stream
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Green Acres Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Long Beach and Floating Pool.
As you plan your vacation to Valley Stream, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 179 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Secluded Sunny Studio. Private Entrance. Private Patio is located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of Valley Stream. This 4-star hotel in New York features 3 restaurants, a 24-hour health club, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City is 15.3 mi (24.7 km) from the center of Valley Stream. This 3-star hotel in New York features parking, a business center, and concierge services. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- Salisbury Hotel is 15.7 mi (25.2 km) from central Valley Stream. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in New York can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Brooklyn Museum, located 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Bronx Zoo, which is 15 mi/24.2 km away.
Getting Around Valley Stream
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Valley Stream Station or Valley Stream Gibson Station. Valley Stream might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Valley Stream
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Valley Stream is 42.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F