Visiting Rockville Centre
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Rockville Centre, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its beaches and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Long Beach, Floating Pool, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Rockville Centre
- The closest major airport is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockville Centre
A favorite place to visit in the city is St. Agnes Cathedral. Additionally, in the area you'll find Long Beach and Floating Pool.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Popular places to see outside the city include Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, 5.4 mi/8.6 km from the city center, and Belmont Park, which is 5.4 mi (8.8 km) away.
Getting Around Rockville Centre
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Rockville Centre Station. Rockville Centre may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Rockville Centre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Rockville Centre is 42.76 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F