Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waterloo, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, lakeside setting, and waterfalls.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Waterloo
- The closest major airport is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterloo
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Waterloo Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Memorial Day Museum and Peter Whitmer Log Home.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- The Gridley Inn B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Waterloo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Waterloo gets about 32.28 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F