Visitors to Auburn are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, theaters, and monuments. Top sights in the area include Museum of Science and Technology, Erie Canal Museum, and Everson Museum of Art.
- You'll find 144 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Syracuse
- The closest major airport is in Syracuse, NY (SYR-Hancock Intl.), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cortland, NY (CTX-Cortland County), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn
Cultural venues in the city include Auburn Public Theater, Seward House Museum, and Cayuga Museum of History and Art. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Willard Memorial Chapel. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center and Fort Hill Cemetery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Auburn. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- 10 Fitch Luxurious Romantic Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Skaneateles Suites - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hilton Garden Inn Auburn - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and central location.
Top places to see outside the city include Rosamond Gifford Zoo, 21.1 mi/33.9 km from the heart of the city, and Onondaga Lake Park, which is 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away.
Dressing for Auburn
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Auburn is 37.28 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F