Visitors to Phelps are sure to enjoy the restaurants and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, wineries, and local tours.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Rochester, NY (ROC-Greater Rochester Intl.), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Phelps
Places to visit in the larger region include Waterloo Premium Outlets, Seneca Lake State Park, and Smith Center for the Arts. In the area, you'll also find Seneca Lake Sprayground and Hobart and William Smith Colleges.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Yorkshire Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
Dressing for Phelps
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Phelps gets about 32.28 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F