History buffs will enjoy exploring Geneva, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, array of wineries, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodations in Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 37.5 mi (60.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Geneva
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Rose Hill Mansion. Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Ravines Wine Cellars on Seneca Lake, Ventosa Vineyards, and White Springs Winery are favorite sights to visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Hobart and William Smith Colleges is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Geneva. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waters Edge B&B Resort - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Geneva Finger Lakes - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Yale Manor at Copper Beeches - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Geneva
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Geneva gets about 32.28 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F