Visitors can enjoy all that Wayzata has to offer including the lakeside setting, shopping, and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Mall of America, Basilica of Saint Mary, and Target Center.
- You'll find 541 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Minneapolis - St. Paul
- The closest major airport is in Minneapolis, MN (FCM-Flying Cloud), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Minneapolis, MN (MSP-Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl.), 16 mi (25.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wayzata
A favorite place to visit in the city is Depot Docks. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mall of America and Basilica of Saint Mary.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Hotel Landing - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Target Center, 11.6 mi/18.7 km from the city center, and Target Field, which is 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away.
Dressing for Wayzata
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 5°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 6°F at night
- About 31.14 inches of rain falls on Wayzata each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 9°F