Travelers to Weymouth give high marks for the seaside and abundant coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights around the area include Monkey World Ape Rescue Center and Corfe Castle.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodations in Weymouth
- The closest major airport is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Weymouth
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Weymouth Beach, Radipole Lake Nature Reserve, and Bennetts Water Gardens. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Weymouth Marina, Sea Life Tower, and Sandworld are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Weymouth Pavilion and Leighton Art Gallery.
In Weymouth, you'll find 113 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oaklands Guest House - Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include free parking and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Birch House B&B - Our customers love the breakfast and high-quality beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Swallows Rest - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Top places to see in the area include Monkey World Ape Rescue Center, 12 mi/19.2 km from the city center, and Corfe Castle, which is 17.4 mi (28.1 km) away.
Getting Around Weymouth
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Weymouth is simple. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Weymouth Station or Upwey Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Weymouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Weymouth each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F