Travelers to Worcester give high marks for the riverfront and lively bar scene. Welcoming and rural, this city attracts tourists with its cathedral and gardens.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in Worcester
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 27.3 mi (44 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 33.1 mi (53.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Worcester
A favorite place to visit in the city is Worcester Racecourse. Additionally, you'll find Malvern Theatres and Great Malvern Priory in the area.
In Worcester, you'll find 68 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Manor Coach House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Old Street B&B - Our customers love the overall value and proximity to shopping at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Huntlands Farm - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Warwick Castle, 27.5 mi/44.3 km from the city center, and Anne Hathaway's Cottage, which is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) away.
Getting Around Worcester
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Worcester Foregate Street Station or Worcester Shrub Hill Station. Worcester might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Worcester
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 30.16 inches of rain falls on Worcester each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 35°F