Visitors can enjoy all that Yarmouth has to offer including the shopping, seafood restaurants, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and art. Top sights around the area include Portland Observatory, Wadsworth-Longfellow House, and Children's Museum of Maine.
- You'll find 425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 12.5 mi (20.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brunswick, ME (NHZ-Brunswick Executive), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yarmouth
A couple of favorite places to visit are Eartha and Casco Bay Islands. Additionally, in the area you'll find Portland Observatory and Wadsworth-Longfellow House.
As you plan your vacation to Yarmouth, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 65 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Sun Drenched, Three Story Yarmouth Loft is located in central Yarmouth. Located in Yarmouth, this guesthouse features a kitchen, a living room, and a refrigerator.
- Quality Suites is located within 0.5 mi (0.8 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Freeport features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Children's Museum of Maine, 11 mi/17.7 km from the heart of the city, and Portland Museum of Art, which is 11.1 mi/17.8 km away.
Dressing for Yarmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 15°F at night
- Yarmouth gets about 47.32 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 15°F