Travelers to Freeport give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its waterfront and cafés. Portland Observatory, Wadsworth-Longfellow House, and Children's Museum of Maine are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 431 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Brunswick, ME (NHZ-Brunswick Executive), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Auburn, ME (LEW-Auburn - Lewiston Municipal), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
The city's cultural venues include Theater of Awesome and Freeport Historical Society. The city's natural beauty is on display at Mast Landing Sanctuary, Wolfe's Neck State Park, and Wolfe's Neck Farm. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and LL Bean Flagship Store is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Freeport. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kendall Tavern Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Brewster House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Portland Observatory, 15.1 mi/24.3 km from the city center, and Wadsworth-Longfellow House, which is 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away.
Getting Around Freeport
With so many ways to get around, exploring Freeport is easy. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Freeport Station. You can find out about water transportation options at the port.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 9°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 12°F as the nighttime average
- About 51.06 inches of rain falls on Freeport each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F