Families will find kid-friendly activities in Scarborough, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, beaches, and top-notch restaurants. Victoria Mansion, Portland Museum of Art, and Children's Museum of Maine are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 425 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Portland
- The closest major airport is in Portland, ME (PWM-Portland Intl. Jetport), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Scarborough
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Scarborough Beach State Park, Prouts Neck, and Higgins Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Scarborough Downs and Beech Ridge Motor Speedway.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Scarborough. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Black Point Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Portland Scarborough - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit around the area include Victoria Mansion, 6.8 mi/11 km from the city center, and Portland Museum of Art, which is 6.9 mi (11 km) away.
Dressing for Scarborough
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- Scarborough gets about 47.32 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F