Visitors to Alliance are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and university setting. A top sight in the area is Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Alliance
- The closest major airport is in Akron, OH (CAK-Akron-Canton), 16.1 mi (25.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Akron, OH (AKC-Akron Fulton Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alliance
The city is notable for landmarks like Haines House Underground Railroad Site, Glamorgan Castle, and Mabel Hartzell Historic Home. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Mount Union is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Feline Historical Museum and Silver Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Alliance. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Alliance - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alliance - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- Comfort Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Pro Football Hall of Fame, 15.6 mi/25.2 km from the city center, and Firestone Country Club, which is 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away.
Getting Around Alliance
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Alliance Station. Alliance might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Alliance
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 41.42 inches of rain falls on Alliance each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F